Thursday 11 January 2018

Chapter 1: Introductions

So, before I start, I have a few things to say;

I was going to do a story driven asylum challenge, but just couldn't think of a good story line, so this is a just-for-fun blog. I will do my best to make it entertaining nonetheless! It takes place in the same universe as my Winterly Random Legacy Challenge. For those of you who haven't read it, all you need to know that my sim here (Guy Winterly) is an imaginary friend turned real of one of my spares from that challenge. He was sent to this asylum in Monte Vista due to events in my Winterly Blog.

As per the rules of this challenge, I chose a random lifetime wish for Guy. It's to become a robot fish-cross breeder (reach level 9 of the science career).

His traits are the following;

- Insane
- Frugal
- Computer Whiz
- Absent minded
- Childish

He used to have equestrian (randomly assigned when he became real), but I changed it to childish for this challenge. He should have loser due to challenge rules, but eh. Oh well. This fits his character in my previous blog better.

Let's begin!


Here is Guy Winterly, our main character. He notes the lazy construction of this asylum as I could not be bothered to build a large one or download one. 




At least there's a computer... 



Not long after, the other residents come pouring in. 



This is Ti Bellino. I changed her face a bit and gave her a completely different personality, but her base is Ti Bellino, a homeless sim from Bridgeport. Her traits here are; 

-Insane
-Hates the outdoors
-Absent minded
-Good sense of humor
-Great Kisser 




I'm not sure why, but Guy doesn't seem to like her very much. 




Or maybe he's just nervous with all of these people around. 

Do they know why he was sent here? 



It feels like an eternity since he's lived in a house with other people. 

But he's been assured and reassured that he's safe here. The other residents are here for the same purpose he is; to get better by completing their "lifetime wish". 

Can he really become a scientist in this place? 




"This place" being a luridly green house. It has a small pond in the back with common lake fish and kissing gourami. I like the kissing gourami fish, hence why it was included in the pond. Guy will be able to fish at home to advance in his career. 

The pond is one of 5 skill building objects, the other four being a pull-up bar, an easel, a telescope, and a science research machine. 



Speaking of his career, Guy boots up the cheap, ancient computer to sign up to be a test-subject. Not a glamorous beginning, but a fresh start nonetheless. He starts tomorrow morning. 




After this, I leave Guy pretty much to his own devices. He rolls a wish to learn handiness, so he goes to pick out a handiness book. 




Next to him is Tammi Duende. She's the partner of my random legacy challenge generation 4 heir (one that I don't blog). She's the offspring of Randi and Randy Archer from the R&R legacy. I changed her traits here for the challenge, which are; 

-Insane
-Absent minded
-Hates the Outdoors 
-Dramatic
-Diva 

Dramatic and Diva were two of her original traits, actually. 



Unsurprisingly, she's not very friendly with Guy. 

Guy's anxiety seems to only ratchet up the more people he meets. 



With the couch (probably) being occupied, Guy reads in the kitchen. Here we see 3 other residents. 



This is Lincoln Silverly, the previously mentioned generation 4 heir. I obviously changed his traits and him and Tammi here are no longer involved. His new traits; 

-Absent minded
-Insane
-Hates the outdoors 
-Genius
-Eccentric

He was in an inventor in his "other life". His first girlfriend also died, the poor guy. Those second chance rolls can be brutal. 



Ti seems to want to make friends. Too bad Lincoln isn't in the mood. 




Over here is Gregory Roda. He's not from any particular save. His traits are; 

-Absent minded
-Insane
-Hates the outdoors 
-Ambitious 
-Night Owl 

Interesting to note, his lifetime wish is also to become a robot-fish crossbreeder like Guy. 



Well, while Guy is reading, let's see what the rest of the household is up to. 




Lincoln decides to take up the piano. I didn't want to put an instrument that could be packed away in an inventory, so I got the grand piano instead. At least people won't be scattered about the house, blocking pathways when they decide to listen to some music. 

Ti is the sole member of Lincoln's small but enthralled audience. 



The previously mentioned but not shown member of the household, Dove Frio, is artistic (and a kleptomaniac) in addition to her absent minded, insane, and hates the outdoors traits. 




And back in the kitchen, another member appears to get dinner. 



This is Tina Gallo. She's insane, absent minded, hates the outdoors, mean spirited, and a loner. 

"If you need to pee so bad, why don't you just get out? I'm sick of your face- your hair is bright enough to give someone a seizure." 



Rude.... 




Guy gladly leaves Tina only to walk in on Tammi just as she's flushing the toilet. 

"Can't I have some privacy? Plumbob," Tammi mutters. Before Guy can apologise, Tammi storms out. 

Seems like Guy can't get on anyone's nice side today. 



For whatever reason, Guy makes a huge helping of salad instead of taking what's already in the fridge. 



And when he sits down, he meets the final member of the household; Jinenji Asano. He was the father of the generation 2 heir of one of my unblogged random legacy challenges. Obviously, 3 of his traits were changed for him to fit in here. 




In addition to insane, absent minded, and hates the outdoors, he's good and a genius. 

In my previous game he was a vampire, but here he's a normal sim. I was considering making this a supernatural asylum, but just wasn't feeling it. Guy is the only one to have any occult hidden traits (imaginary friend). 




"Glad to see you've stopped spying on me in the bathroom," Tammi huffs as she sits down. 



"Spying? I-I would never!" 

Jinenji seems to have no reaction to this exchange. 



Guy goes to bed in the sparsely decorated room, feeling uneasy for his future in this place. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: So far this challenge is actually a lot of fun, if a bit frustrating with there only being one bathroom for 8 people and only being able to send Guy out once a day for work. 

8 comments:

  1. Guy!! Make a friend!! T_T

    I love the descriptions of all the housemates.

    When you're done with this challenge will Guy become downloadable? I just want to hold him and love him and call him Steve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Guy can make a friend or two during this challenge. He definitely needs one.

      Thank you!

      Hmm I've never put a sim up for download before. I'll see what I can do once this challenge is over!

      Delete
  2. I'd feel uneasy if that rabbit poster were anywhere near me.

    Tammi's cute, I knew I recognized that hair color. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean you don't like our rabbit savior? For shame, Becky.

      She is! But her diva trait makes her fight with everyone! She was a bit calmer in her original save, but goodness she's a handful.

      Delete
  3. Guy!! I'm so excited you started this challenge :D I'll be checking back regularly for updates! Becoming a creature-robot crossbreeder should be pretty tough - I think you need fishing, gardening and handiness for that, right?

    There are a lot of cute looking sims in that asylum! I hope they turn out to be friendlier than they seem so far. Poor Guy doesn't need more meanies in his life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And it will be pretty tough, but so far so good! He will need those skills indeed, but since things are breaking down all the time in the asylum, handiness should be no problem. The pond should make fishing easier, too. And planters are a décor item, so gardening with seeds should be alright too.

      Their cuteness was the reason they were all chosen XD All of them except for Tina and Tammi are quite friendly, actually. Guy needs some friends, dammit!

      Delete
  4. It's nice to see Guy again! Meeting the other housemates was interesting. Guy is getting on everyone's bad side already. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! He didn't even have to do anything, they all just scream at him randomly. Hopefully that'll change!

      Delete